We want to streamline chatbot ad creation based on existing insights, previous campaign data, subject expert inputs, and lastly, brand client's specific requirements and content choices.
Any chatbot ad creation will face with the following challenges:
- Conversation needs to reflect brand website structure and content
- Conversation needs to be short and engaging
- Feedback & direct input from audiences should inform all updates
- Content experts (Brands & their design agencies) should be able to create chatbots themselves
- Time, time, time
We design the following process based on technical requirements, best design practices and marketing industry work flows:
- Client to submit campaign goals and requirements
- Octaive to setup communication documents and the chatbot foundation
- Octaive to provide design guide, conversation topics, basic chatbot responses and intent mapping
- Client to build/edit existing content and suggest new content and design
- Client to use our drag-n-drop conversation builder to assemble chatbot ads
Findings & Learnings
The best thing about planning is that it allows a team to access situation, get feedback and be ready to improve.
Upon implementing this process, we learn the following as a team:
- Client feedback comes in about 7-15 days. It's therefore better to begin with main conversation flow, then use the sign-off gap to propose response, intent mapping and graphic design
- Most client prefer mark-up as a feedback method. Therefore it is useful to provide UI and content template as reference, not a step-by-step flow for them to go through
- Visualisation of every content views in the chatbot ads they are creating helps shorten the sign-off time greatly
Why Am I Describing This Process?
Because this is the design process of our own Octaive Conversation Builder. The user, the workflow, the experiment & observation, and then we have our MVP scope.
This is a workable design process for all applications.